Monday, June 27, 2011

Nars Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer, Oil-Free

According to Sephora:
"This oil-free primer instantly refines the look of pores, regulates shine and mattifies the skin to create an immaculate canvas. Mineral Powders manage oil in the t-zone and other shine-prone areas while blurring the look of pores, fine lines and wrinkles, setting the stage for a velvety-matte, makeup-ready finish."

My opinion:
The only benefit I experienced with this product was smooth makeup application. The primer sinks in quickly and makes your skin feel matte and makeup-ready, but that's it. My liquid foundation brushed on more easily, but as far as managing oil/shine and refining pores this was a big disappointment. My face got shiny in the normal amount of time, my pores didn't look any smaller, and my face didn't look any more matte than usual. I tried to give this product the benefit of the doubt and try it different ways (after moisturizer, before moisturizer, on damp skin, etc.), but in the end it really just didn't perform. At $32 per 1 oz, I would not recommend or repurchase this again. The price is way too steep for only making foundation application easier. There has to be a better primer out there... And so the quest continues.

Have you guys tried this? If so, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment